The coyote that has been visiting my yard brought a friend this morning. It was delightful to see them pouncing and frolicking. Brandy is still a little unhappy with me for not letting her out so she could play with them. (Sorry the images aren’t sharper - the digital camera I am using only has 72dpi resolution and no zoom.)

The ground is getting a good soaking from all the rain. Starting tomorrow, we are supposed to have three days of sunshine and temperatures in the upper 60’s! I am eager to get back to work on my garden fence posts and to be drenched in the warmth of the sun. : ) Have a wonderful day!
4 comments:
You are sooooo lucky. Does Brandy want to play with or eat your visitors? Enjoy the rain for it makes us rest which is sometimes a good thing.
Patti - I think of you and your pet foxes everytime I see them. I think Brandy regards them as she does other dogs and just wants to play, but if the foxes or coyotes were to act aggresively towards her, she wouldn't hesitate to attack - and that would not be good.
Hi Jewels, nice to see the photos of the grey foxes playing, and lovely that you appreciate them. Laura saw a fox from a train window in the UK when we visited there 11 years ago, an exciting moment. The ones in the UK seem to be a more of a red/brown colour. The trees with the gentle pink and blue sky behind remind me just a little of some of the paintings by the French painter Corot. He was painting slightly before the French Impressionists, and, from what I remember of my art history, he was fond of painting out on location, especially in the early morning.
Corot was something of an inspiration for me as any landscape painting that I did was always out on the spot, I could never get the hang of painting from sketches or photographs in the studio. For me the whole experience of being out of doors,the sun, wind, rain, being surrounded by the subject, was an important part of the painting process, and had an influence on how I painted the world that I could see. I might be brave and put some of my paintings on my blog sometime soon. I haven't done painting for a while though due to life being so focused on potting.
Thank you for your kind comments on both Laura and My blogs. I know that Laura will leave a comment for you soon.
Best Wishes, Peter and Laura
Peter – I had to refresh my memory on Corot’s paintings (it has been over 20 years since I have taken art history). I can see why his work would inspire you and I am cheering for you to share your paintings with us!
Post a Comment