Lane, the farmer’s adorable 14 year old son, rode up on his four-wheeler to lead the cattle back home. The steers, on hearing his approach, ran into the woods. We searched for them to no avail, Lane left, and the steers are back grazing in my front yard. This one will be enjoying herbs and greens from my garden a second time when he regurgitates and chews his cud. Darn cow! My annoyance was short lived when I thought, given his ‘missing parts’, eating my chive flowers just might be the highlight of his life. Enjoy chewing the cud!
3 comments:
How neat except for the eating your garden bit. You are being very generous. As big as your place is, a few cloven hoofed lawnmowers might be a good thing. Can you fence off your garden or does that defeat the whole purpose?
Mr 673 is magnificent and I am sure he will thrive on a mixed diet of organic greens and herbs! P.
Patti – I rented my pasture out to a cattle farmer a couple of years ago, but I like it much better without cows as I see more wildlife now. I am still working on building the fence around my garden.
Peter – I have heard that monkeys in a zoo, when given a choice between organic and non-organic bananas, will only eat the organic bananas. They eat the peel and all, but when given only non-organic, they peel the bananas before eating them. Smart monkeys! : )
Post a Comment