As you can see, the roof extension in the back of the studio has been built. Yay! A dear friend came in two weeks ago and helped insulate the ceiling and walls, put up most of the drywall, and installed the last window and the door. YAY!All that remains is moving more dirt in the back of the shop to level it off, putting up the vinyl siding, wiring the two outdoor lights and the receptacle, putting up the drywall on the last two walls, taping and mudding the drywall, fixing the two inside receptacles that aren’t working (yes, I wired them), and painting. That is it!
A voracious tobacco hornworm caterpillar enjoying one of my tomato plants…sadly, this is the last photo taken of him before his brutal death by scissors.
Most of my family is in visiting this week to celebrate the 4th of July. I am looking forward to spending lots of time with them!
Have a great week everyone!
13 comments:
That studio is and is going to be awesome. I would love a little spot like that just to get away from everything. No phone, no TV, maybe even no computer. Maybe...
Gorgeous place you have there. Enjoy the holiday.
It is really coming along isn't it? Barry is right, it would make a nice escape.
Is that Lee on the ladder? His smile peaking out is so cute.
Give you credit to be able to kill the munchers. But then you will have tomatoes and I won't.
Have a great weekend and hope the fireworks don't upset you too much.
Your studio looks so nice amongst the trees in its sunlit clearing. So pleased to see your progress with it, you must be excited to see it taking shape.
I have been toying with the first couple of lines of a poem to a fat green voracious caterpillar, but battles with spread sheets and IRD deadlines are not helping the creative juices one bit. If I do manage to pull off a fitting ode to your green tomato eating "friend" you will be the first to read of it!
I followed your link to Patti's posts in which you feature and was moved by what I read. You are a really special group of people. It saddens me to think what you must have been through, but I love how there is humour and joy even in the darkness and sadness of sickness and suffering (at least where there is a Patti to be found!).
I was pleased to see a wee glimpse of you in one of Patti's photos. I have a feeling that the only person in your part of the world who isn't camera shy is Brandy and the late lamented fat green caterpillar! I'm pleased that the wonderful Lee does manage to allow us at least three quarters of a grin behind his all concealing hand!
All the Very Best to you,
Peter
Hello Barry! Everyone should have a place to go to get away from everything, clear their mind of thoughts and just savor being alive. : )
I have been silently enjoying your posts and your comments on Patti’s blog and have been moved by several of your stories. My heart goes out to you for having lost your Mom to cancer. I know she is pleased that you make the world a better place.
Hello Patti! It does disturb me to kill the caterpillars! I use scissors in an attempt to distance myself from the murderous act. I feel like Macbeth trying to wash away the green goo and guilt off my hands. Very generous of you to let them devour your tomato plants. It eases my conscience knowing they are blissfully munching away in your garden and I will be happy to share my tomatoes with you. : )
Hello Peter! The closer my shop gets to being finished the more excited I get. Not so sure I won’t burst when it is complete and I am opening that first bag of clay to throw. : )
Yes, the IRD (IRS here – our deadline is on April 15th) really knows how to drain a person with all that ridiculously complex and time consuming paperwork. It is very sweet of you to attempt an ode to the hornworm whilst the IRD deadline lurks close by. Silly government! Don’t they know life is precious and there are poems about fat caterpillars to be written and merrily read?!
Life is good!
Oh your studio looks great and so does that watermelon. I'll have to post a photo of the nice large moth I took a photo of last year on my tomato plants - little did I know it was laying some of those catepillars.
I may have asked this already, but I forget if you said. What part of Arkansas do you live in? We used to live in Malvern, about 20 miles from Hot Springs.
Oh, I added you to my blogroll. Have a nice time visiting with your family.
Hello Linda - looking forward to seeing the picture of the moth. You have lovely gardens! Hot Springs is a neat artist town – have never been to Malvern. I live in North Central Arkansas, south of Mountain Home. Do you still have family living in Arkansas?
Hello Jewels,
Thinking of you this bright sunny morning and wondering how your studio is coming on? I have been doing lots of work to our studio space recently, so am able to sympathise with projects that become monsters for a while! Talking of monsters, I do hope that the caterpillers have responded nicely to your hint with the scissors and have left your tomatoes alone!
It has just occured to me that you might be in touch with Arcansas Patti, if so, could you give her a hug from me! She is taking a break from her daily blogging and I do miss her (as I am sure many do!), but fully understand her need to get away from the glowing computer screen.
I do trust that both you and she are well and are enjoying some Arcansas sunshine!
All the Best to you,
Peter
PS. I seem to find that I can't always post a comment to you using firefox browser, but can using Konqueror. Just wondering if you are not hearing from everyone that would like to be in touch with you?? I am starting to wonder if I have the same problem with my blog too??
Hello Peter!
It is good to hear from you. I apologize for neglecting blogging – not sure when I will get back.
I relayed your message to Patti and she was touched. She is doing great and is enjoying her much needed break. She misses you all too and should be back this week. : )
The pottery studio is coming along nicely – I am still working on mudding the walls and putting up the vinyl siding. This past weekend, Lee helped get the pottery wheel down from the attic and it is now sitting inside the shop – very exciting!
Hi There Jewels,
I was just passing by and thought I would send a cheery Hello over to you! Sadly not possible to give a friendly wave, so this will have to do. By now you might have tried out your wheel, baptised it with clay! Hope so.
Happy Thoughts, Peter
Hey Jewels! Love your blog! Thanks for visiting my blog - i left a response there for the question that you left for me (wasn't sure if you'd be notified that I replied??) Anyways, Love your new studio - wow that is amazing! How exciting!! Are you close to being finished? I've signed up to follow your blog and look forward to seeing your studio when it's completed! Take care.
Hello Tonya! Welcome and thank you for stopping by! I enjoy your blog too!! My studio is close to being finished. We have had a lot of rain this summer and it has slowed the progress. I have been waiting for the humidity to be low enough in order to seal the concrete floor – then I can install the trim and move in. : )
Hey Jewels! It sounds like you're on the homestretch with your studio - it is just lovely! What a cool studio, with such a beautiful backdrop of scenery! I'll be looking forward to pottery posts :). Did you stain your concrete floors? (I have recently become a huge fan of concrete in the past few years) (but that's another story..lol) Hope all is well your way! Oh yeah, I posted the response on my blog, must not have gone thru the other day -sorry about that. I just use the program that came with the camera to crop and adjust the color - it's super easy to use. (Kodak) Have a great one!
Hope you are ok, haven't heard from you in a while.
Post a Comment