Saturday, October 24, 2009

It’s a good life!

Good grief it was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine, fall color and wildlife. I enjoyed watching a buck foraging on some purple wildflowers in the woods behind my house. : ) Two nights ago heavy rains washed away a section of my road. Brandy thoughtfully kept guard while I spent this morning filling in the ruts and digging ditches to divert the water. I was relieved to get it completed before the blisters on my hands got the better of me.
I cleaned up the garden this afternoon and dug up a few potatoes and sweet potatoes from volunteer plants in the compost pile. Yum!
Like today, tomorrow promises to be too pretty to work inside.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

I envy your living in such a secluded spot till I hear about the road problems. Oh no. Now living right on a highway doesn't seem so bad. Of course that may be an age thing. Hope you are all rebuilt now.
Glad you and Brandy are getting out to enjoy the break in the rains. Hope she didn't chase that buck off.
She looks like she is really enjoying the warm sun.
Don't forget to drizzle the sweet potatoes with honey.

SunShine said...

Hello Patti! It has been nice to soak up the sunshine, hope you and Mighty enjoyed it as well. I think the road is ready for the coming rain. Mmmmmmmm…thanks for reminding me about the honey. : )

Favorite Blogs...

Pottery Blogs